Sundays mark the beginning of a new week and are usually quiet, not as full of activities as other days of the week. While I was at my last job and even at grad school, I used Sundays to lay out everything for the week. I used that day to create some sort of schedule for the coming week, where possible (I’m not really one to stick to schedules, but getting better).
I recently came across the blog, Marc and Angel Hack Life, it’s full of tips for a productive lifestyle. One of the posts that caught my attention was “20 questions you should ask yourself every Sunday”. Basically, it’s all about reflecting short and long term goals, lessons and accomplishments in the previous week and planning for the new week.
A few of the questions for reflection on Sunday are;
- What did I learn last week?
- What’s the #1 thing I need to accomplish this week?
- What was last week’s biggest time sink?
- How can I help someone else this coming week?
- If I knew I only had one week to live, who would I spend my time with?
You can read the article here.
*Another good read is the Sunday evening mediations on the same blog.