What you resist persists
One thing I have come to utilise in my life is appreciation, appreciation of the qualities I love in the people.
In conflict situations, the tendency is to focus on and let the other person know their qualities that you hate; which may have also been the cause of the conflict. Choosing to focus on the flaws of family and loved ones only makes the flaws become more pronounced.
A while ago the fiancé and I had a row, after several dead-end conversations focusing on flaws and weaknesses; I decided to take some time to write a list. A list of all the qualities I love and admire about him.
Writing the list brought to mind a lot of fun and lovely moments, and all the thoughtful things he does for me. Amongst others, some of the things I noted are;
- His sense of humour (we are really goofy together)
- His supportiveness (he’s my number one critic and number one fan)
- His kind heart
- His ability to relate to a lot of people
- I love that he listens to me talk about Eastenders, but draws the line on hearing about Corrie.
- His gift choosing abilities (he gives great gifts)
- His financial planning abilities
This week in all your relationships, focus on positives; individual strengths and qualities you love. I bet you, you will see more of the positive shining through like I have!